Adopt ahomeless dog
Interested in adopting? You’ve come to the right place! Keep in mind that many of our dogs are not yet listed online. It is important to note that we take the adoption process very seriously to ensure our rescued dogs go to the right home. Please review our Adoption Philosophy and Process below.
Our Adoption Philosophy:
Our top priority is to find the most compatible forever home for every dog in our care. Adopting a dog from LBK9 may take some time because we are devoted to finding the perfect match. A perfect match means an adoption decision is not based on the idea of first come, first served. This is a process that requires patience. If you are looking to adopt a pet day-of, we recommend visiting a local shelter.
We want to get to know our applicants, just as applicants need to get to know our adoptable dogs. This happens by asking the right questions and having an open line of communication with one another. It’s important that we build a relationship through this process. Our team invests a great deal of time, money, and love into these homeless pets and it is important that each one is placed in a compatible and loving home. We also want our adopting families to be confident that, through this process, they’ll end up with exactly the right dog for them.
Our Adoption Process:
- Thoroughly read and understand LBK9’s Adoption Philosophy (above)
- Ask questions and pursue additional information regarding a pet’s health and behavior
- Fill out an online application. We do verify the information provided and full answers to our questions will help move the process along.
- Our Board of Directors will review your application and qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a phone interview.
- Soon after, we will then schedule a meet and greet and home visit.
Our adoption fees start at $300 and up depending on the severity and cost of a dog’s particular medical case. Prior to adoption and included in the adoption fee, all animals are:
- Updated on all vaccines
- Dewormed and given flea treatment
- Given other medical care as prescribed by our veterinary team
For more information about our adoption process, you can email us at email@example.com