Adopt, don't shop.
Thank you for your interest in adopting through LBK9! Due to our rigorous adoption philosophy, we don’t always put available dogs and cats online. We treat the adoption process with the utmost respect to ensure each animal we rescue goes to their perfect home. Please review our Adoption Philosophy and Process below.
Here's how youcan adopt
Our Adoption Philosophy
Our chief priority is to find the most compatible forever home for every animal in our care. If an adoption match doesn’t work out, we treat it as a failure on our part, not the adopter’s. Due to this, adopting a dog or cat from LBK9 can be a time-intensive process, as we are devoted to finding the perfect match for both pet and adopter. If you are looking to adopt a pet day-of, we recommend visiting a local shelter, such as the Humane Society of Tacoma & Pierce County, Auburn Valley Humane Society, and Regional Animal Services of King County.
Why is our process so intensive?
We want to get to know our applicants, just as applicants need to get to know our adoptable dogs. This happens by asking the right questions and having an open line of communication with our adopting families. Our team invests a great deal of time, money, and love into each pet we rescue and we want to ensure each animal is placed in a compatible and loving home. We also want our adopting families to be confident they’ll end up with exactly the right animal for their circumstances.
How the LBK9 adoption process works:
- We ask parties interested in adoption to thoroughly read and internalize LBK9’s Adoption Philosophy (above) and fill out an online application.
- Upon receipt of an application, we will verify the information provided. Our Board of Directors will then review your application. If you are deemed a qualified applicant, we will reach out to schedule a phone interview.
- Once we have your qualified application on file, we will reach out when an adoptable pet becomes available. If it seems like a good match, we will schedule a meet and greet, and in-home visit.
Our adoption fees start at $300 and may increase depending on the severity and cost of a dog’s particular medical case. The following medical procedures are completed before adoption and are included in the adoption fee:
- Comprehensive veterinarian examination
- Updated on all vaccines
- Dewormed and given flea treatment
- Other miscellaneous medical care as needed
Fill out an adoption application at the button below. If you have questions about the adoption process not answered on this page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.