It takesa village
Left Behind K-9 Rescue was founded in 2011 with a small team of volunteers dedicated to do their part to help homeless dogs in overcrowded shelters. It started with just three volunteers and has since grown over fifty. In 2015, LBK9 expanded its programs to fund emergency veterinary services and provide affordable spay and neuter options for our community.
Our organization consists of tireless volunteers and generous supporters, a dedicated group with big hearts. Every pet we rescue gets immediate veterinary treatment. They are spayed or neutered, vaccinated, micro-chipped, dewormed, and given any other treatment they need. From the moment they are rescued until the time they are adopted, they are loved and spoiled by their foster families.
Helping thehomeless dogs
Rescue and Adoptions
- Rescuing and transporting dogs that are running out of time in overcrowded shelters.
- Providing these dogs with proper veterinary care to ensure they are in good health before adoption.
- These pets are placed in foster homes where they will be evaluated for temperament and behavioral issues. Our foster volunteers work to housetrain and teach basic obedience.
- We then work to adopt each out to qualified homes that have been properly screened and counseled by our adoption coordinators to ensure it is a perfect match for both the dog and the family.
- Providing low cost spay and neuter programs for the purpose of reducing unwanted births of animal offspring.
- Emergency care in life-threatening situations by providing funds to help with surgeries of injured pets.
- Educating the public through adoption counseling, pet behavior consultation, highlighting the importance of pet adoption, and communicating the positive impact of spay and neuter.
- Donating pet food and supplies to families who are struggling financially to take care of their pets.
- Providing assistance to other animal rescues and shelters in the community.